Cost of Living in Greece from Grekodom Development
Property maintenance costs are not high in Greece. They include:
- Property tax
- Property insurance
- Service and public utilities costs
1. Insurance premium. Property insurance is not compulsory in Greece. But if the purchased property is mortgaged, the insurance of mortgage amount becomes compulsory. The annual property insurance premium amounts to approximately 350 Euro.
2. Service and public utilities costs are paid by the meter. An average amount of service costs paid by a 50 m2 apartment owner is above 600 euro (if the apartment is lived in 12 months a year). Garbage collection fee is included into the electricity bill.
For more details, please look below.
Now then, as soon as you become a proud property owner, you will soon receive the following bills:
- Aggregated garbage collection, stairs cleaning, lift service, house repair and heating fees (in case the house is equipped with central heating system). The more prestigious your neighborhood and your housing estate are, the higher the fee. If you purchase a private house, your expenses will certainly be different. If your cottage is located in a housing estate, its maintenance will cost you 600 Euro per year or more (inclusive of cleaning and outdoors light, swimming pool cleaning, gardener’s and security fees.
- Electricity. Electricity bills are delivered every 2 months. The amount payable is calculated based on meter reading.
- Water bill is delivered every 3 months; it is also paid by the meter.
|Cost of living in Greece||Unit||Price, Euro||Service costs|
|Petrol||1 liter||1,7||Water||Cubic liter||0,41-0,65|
|Car rental||45 or higher||Telephone+ internet||1 month||40|
|Taxi||1 km||1||Natural gas||м³= 11 kWh||0,792|
|Meat (pork)||1 kg||5||Diesel fuel||1 liter||1,3|
|Bottled water||0,5 l||0,5|
|Dinner at a tavern||1 person||15|
|Private doctor’s advice||40|